All things Gingham
I have always loved this blouse and anyone who follows fashion trends knows this is a stunning blouse. The bow and sleeve detailing gives this blouse the unique look that I love so much. I am sure this blouse style is definitely going to remain in style for a very very long time. From the Wizard of Oz to Instagram posts to My petite Mix pages, the gingham fabric is going no where as well. I fondly remember growing up how it was mostly used to create uniforms while I was in high school.
Some things to know about and /or how to style Gingham fabric(blouse)
- The name comes from genggang (meaning striped) and originating from "striped " to "checkered" fabric, the gingham fabric has come to stay as it has become one of the most common fabrics in the world.
- All around the world this fabric is being claimed by different countries as originating from them. The Americans, Italians, French, India and the list goes on... Well...whoever wins this war I am glad I get to wear the outfit.
- It is a very inexpensive fabric and this means you always get to buy the finished product at an affordable price.
- The fabric is perfect for summer, so as summer winds down be sure to grab one from your local fashion store or online. I have also provided links to where you can get some at affordable prices. Feel free to email if you need help purchasing any of the items on my post.
- It is so versatile it can be styled in a number of ways. Looks great when styled with jeans or can be glammed up by pairing it with a dramatic style skirt and a pair of sandals.
- Great way for layering by wearing it under a pair of overalls. With this style you want to pick a blouse with less ruffles and ties like the one I have on.
- And don't be afraid to try different colours.
Recently, I styled this blouse with a pair of jeans from Reitmans fashion store which is still on sale right now and heels. This style will be great for fashion event, meeting with fashion celebrities or hosting a fashion show. It is classic and beautiful.